Friday, January 6, 2012

Life's Afoot

Good Mornin'

Well, the mild weather is hangin' with us; curious but wonderful. And, it does have it's problematic side; the mares gettin' a jump on spring fever and tryin' some of my weaker fences, go visit the mustang boys. Really gives ya a sense of lifes determination ta go on.

This one big mare, Shahdee, she'll spend hours just starin' at the boys and her gaze seems ta work like a low flame on a coffee pot, just brewin' the boys to a thick, strong mix. Night 'fore last, she found a low spot and cleared it without a scratch; I spent the next few hours, runnin' around in the waxin' moonlight, puttin' up gates, throwin' hay, leadin' her back down to the low gate and restorin' some order and calm to the herd.

But, it is inspirin', what with the new year and such. Readin' another article, some one posted about the Mayan Calendar and the beginnin' of the "fifth cycle" of the sun; to them a time of rebirth and promise. Not without it's birthin' pains and forces opposed, but huge gallactic forces linin' up as if to launch us into a new era. And, I must say, I do feel somethin' like that goin' on within' myself. Tremendous inspiration to go on, with a deeper commitment to the genuine inside myself and aware of the voices callin' "reason" and compromise, all in the name of preservin' the "old status quo".

So, once again, the horses, in their own way, remindin' me ta be true ta my nature, human and ta believe, like that big mare clearin' that fence, that "I can", "I must", win or lose, 'cause life does go on and this is my chance; "in" or "out".

Have a great day!

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment