Saturday, January 28, 2012

Oops

Good Mornin'

Well, just a little frostier this mornin, but blue sky and sunshine on tap. See if I can make it to the trading post and back, catch up on the firewood, and, take a look at the paperwork, see if I'm ready for the bookkeeper.

Did get a stretch a fence finished, yesterday and laid a little more seed on the boys run, take advantage a the mud, left them tromp it in.

Otherwise, just tryin' ta be cool; ain't that a laugh! But, what I'm referring to is, the simple excitement of bein' alive, knowin' ya will go forward, and not havin' a clue how it'll all work.

Once, I heard they had pilots in some a these fancy fighter jets; the kind that hug the contours of the earth at ridiculous speed. The pilots, seemed ta me, had almost no control over the aircraft, but monitored the computers that flew the thing. Always struck me like an insane kinda job; a mountain comin' at ya 'bout a thousand miles an hour and you have no control. Ya wouldn't even have time ta say, "oops", if the computer had a glitch. I mean, a life might not mean much to some a these war mongers, but oughta be worth an "oops".

Anyway, it did make me laugh and consider, that life really is kinda similar, only way more graceful, steady and patient. But, control, I do believe it's an illusion, might lend itself to us on occasion, but, end of the day, illusion, none the less.

Maybe the only thing, resembles somethin' similar, is our choice, of cussin' or thankin', one that gave it to us.

Have a great day!

Best,

P.S. No disrespect to the brave sons and daughters, might put themselves in harms way, but can't help for wishin', we might think a little harder on where we place our trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment