Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Real Miracle

Good Mornin'

Got a skiff a snow last night; just enough keep the mud fresh! Mostly recovered from my meetin' with the bookkeep; the meetin' was fine, as always, just the travellin', throws me for a loop. Wonderful old fella, his dad was a cowboy/rancher and he seems to enjoy my typical cowboy mistification, with paperwork.

Now, to reconstruct, the past six years, best I can figure, fill in the blanks he highlighted, send 'em off and pray. Last time I tried to fill out a tax form, they sent it back, saying they didn't understand. I wrote 'em back and asked, if they didn't understand, how they figured I would?

Anyway, I may have learned, over the past few weeks, wrestlin' with this stuff, ta budget my attention; just enough, once a week, keep them from throwin' me in jail. Anymore, and I'll end up just as crazy as they are and, seems ta me that would be a sin, a crime and a shame, when the creator went to all the trouble, make a whole world, outside a their little heads, with real people, children, animals and earth, all needin' love and attention.

I been rememberin' a phrase, late; a friend a mine reminded me. "Dogs keep barkin', elephants keep walkin'." Used ta be I'd get all upset about "crazy people"; not the ones have real problems with their wiring, or the chemicals in between, but the ones think they're normal, 'cause they get good at memorizin' rules, repeatin' them and actin' like they're real, with no regard for what's in front of them. I consider it a great miracle, that someone, something, intervened on my behalf, touched my heart and reminded me, encouraged me; "trust this". Huge!

Have a great day.

Best,

1 comment:

  1. When folks don't have an anchor inside, when they live in their 'shoulds' instead of their hearts, they get to feeling that they need to hold on to something, so they hold on to rules. Makes them feel safe, like everything is under control, like they can hold off death.
    But what happens is that they lose touch with the moment, and miss the magic that is right now, in this breath, in this heartbeat, in this moment to feel that love. Like you say, "trust this."

    ReplyDelete