Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Room for Magic

Good Mornin'

Wild, mild it is. Winds are like ta kick up, but that's spring. Kinda similar to life, no? Just when ya think you're froze solid, somethin' come along and melt your heart; just like the wind to the winter snows.

Found another patch a crested wheat; pretty thick. I been collectin' what I can, old seed tops and shakin' 'em out on the boys run. They find it and eat some, but hopefully trample some of it in. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Otherwise, got my shipping prices from the post office and I'll plug 'em in, mail off my "launch" letter on the book. Everybody been way kind and supportive. See what happens.

And, woke up this mornin' with a new commitment. Actually, seems, it's dawned over the past few days. A question I've had over the past couple a years, where I took up and wrote this little book, hopin' ta raise money for a horse rescue/foster home/ranch for native kids. I remember, early on, this healer woman, friend a mine, counselin' me, "be careful, you never know where things'll end up!". And recent, havin' a dream with my heart teacher, him makin' fun of my big ideas.

So, a renewed commitment, to not knowin'. It's so excitin'! Doesn't mean I won't make some kinda effort, or entertain possibilities, but I do know it's a deeper commitment, enjoy my life, now; be open and pay attention. It just leaves a little more room for "magic"; maybe some folks'd call it grace.

I guess, it's a fundamental recognition, deep inside, there is a door and it leads to the one, we will never imagine. Closer I live to the door, more the magic drifts and falls on my life; stuff happens nobody'll ever explain. Kinda like the first copy of the book, goin' back to Aberdeen, Scotland, where my Gramma Hall was born; completely unanticipated, just like that.

So, "here" it is, best I am able! Same longin', just a deeper commitment; don't get my "planner" so filled up, there's no room for the dearest and most unexpected friend, drop in and change everything!

Have a great day!

Best, always!

2 comments:

  1. That's why I moved to the woods ... there's still magic here that you can see and hear over the chaos. "Just rolling along like the tumblin' tumbleweeds." Good words from you, very good words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Expectations are a bit like a horse with blinders on. Can't see the world around him, so he runs straight down the track. When we don't know what might happen, we leave room for all sorts of interesting possibilities to pop up. We can make our effort and hope for the best. Then wait to see what will unfold. And how exciting is that?!!!

    ReplyDelete