Saturday, February 4, 2012

Thin Times

Good Evenin'

Well, same, same on the snow showers; another inch or so last night, gone by the afternoon. Cloud cover kinda comes and goes, so the temp has dropped a little.

Adjustin' to the bunch bein' out; still haulin' a flakes a piece, mornin' and afternoon. Sure is uncomfortable, havin' to cut their feed so much; they'd likely agree. It's one thing for horses, used ta scroungin' through the winter, but, my bunch is kinda used ta "three squares". I suppose, it's the "insult upon injury", hardest on both of us; them tryin' ta figure, what they did wrong, me not knowin' how to explain. Tomorrow, I'll see if I can't take 'em up to the north end; I don't think they hit that, too much last summer. The outtin'll be good for all of us and maybe, they'll get the idea, we gotta adjust; so far they're just hangin' around the bottom gate, convinced, I suppose that there's feed on the way.

Anyway, I better hang it up for the night, for I make everyone sad. I'm likely, double down, wrestlin' with paperwork, try and straighten out my taxes. I think I figured out why I dislike the paperwork, so much; it makes me think about yesterday and tomorrow. When I'm hangin' with the horses, or fixin' fence, it's only, just today.

Have the best night ya can.

No comments:

Post a Comment