Friday, February 3, 2012

The First Lady

Good Mornin'

Well, the snow showers keep comin', but the temps're mild. And, I would say, climate change is afoot; not that it really exists, a course! But, pretty much, there's no hay around, 'less you're willin' ta pay 14-15 dollars a bale; the drought in Texas, is forcin' them over there, come over here and haul all the hay, back over there. And, less we get some major snow storm, we're headin' into spring, no water in a pond; north, south, east or west.

Upshot, yesterday, I kicked the bunch out ta pasture; as I said, temps are mild, no snow cover ta speak of and I still got a bale or two, take 'em a flake, now and then. It ain't easy, but we'll just have ta remember our ancestors, make do and scrape a little. They all got pretty fair tallow and, way things are goin', grass shouldn't be too far away. And, I suppose, it could be way worse; slaughter now legal, wild horses gettin' rounded up and hauled off, down in Texas, I hear they're leavin' 'em by the side a the road.

Don't want to moralize, but, seems to me, this is what happens when we lose perspective of the basics; forget that we need a planet to live on and the planet needs a balance of components, plants, trees, critters and clean air. We can trade "derivatives" 'till we're blue in the face and politic all we want, but if the planet don't live, our run'll be short; way short.

To bring in my friend, Sam Clemmons, "Where would man be without woman? Scarce, my friend; mighty scarce!" And, the first woman would have to be Mother Earth!


Have the best day ya can!

1 comment:

  1. Those traders and politicians live in concrete and high rise land. Their water comes from the tap. Their grocery stores are all full. Hot? Got air conditioning. They're de-racinated, pulled out of contact with the land. And like Louis, King of France, who said, "After me, the flood," they figure they'll be dead before the cow manure hits the fan, so they just don't care.

    ReplyDelete