Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Nice Day

Good Evenin'

Cleared up this day; hadn't seen much a the sun, in three or four. Not real warm, but cheery, nonetheless.

Still a little behind on the "tax business", but actually, managed to go through all the boxes of old unopened correspondence and piece together, some reasonable facsimile of "what happened" over the past six years. Now, to fill in the little squares, my bookkeeper highlighted for me. As I mentioned in a note to a friend, today, all I have to do is look at a tax form and I am instantly demoralized; there's a whole world of bizarre logic and reason behind the whole business, that is so toxic and arcane, (not really sure what that word means, but I think it fits!) that I can't begin to read a word of it, so the bookkeep, just shows me where to put the numbers. It works and we always have a good time visiting; his dad was a cowboy, too, and we generally trade a bunch a good stories.

Anyway, celebrated, hangin' with the horses, just a bit; the bunch has forgive me, mostly for kickin' 'em out and everybody's kinda figured, the short rations, ain't for lack of love, but just circumstance. I always try to come up with a good "theory" when I just can't avoid somethin'. My theory, in this case, is that it's good for horses to lose a little weight in the winter, so they don't get too fat in the summer. Boy, the tails'll be switchin', they get wind a that one!

Have a good night

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment