Friday, July 13, 2012

Funny, the Thirteenth

Good Evenin'

Well, funny day, every which way; never did really clear up, 'cept brief there this mornin'. Mostly cloudy, with dark clouds and storms all about; lots a wind, but no rain, right here.

Then, I got caught up tryin' ta track down the proof for the book, supposed to be on the way and as you've likely figured out, I have worked with some curious people and horses, but half an hour talkin' to a fancy computer at Fedex, kept askin' me what I wanted, sayin' "routes" and gettin' "rates", for it "transfered" me and dumped the call, well, it can be cause for a full range of re-consideration. Then my phone/computer died, dead, cold. So, I spent the last few hours a daylight, over to the neighbors, talkin' about phones and coverin' my bases, folks that got used to hearin' from me, with the blog and all. Come home with an old phone my neighbor don't use, got it all switched around, went to put my phone away, and all the lights come on! Switched it all back; everything works. Haven't got a clue! Can you mail in a blog?

Anyway, never did make it out ta see the bunch, but I did call the neighbor this mornin', let him know I did find some tracks just 'fore dark, after spendin' three four hours, checkin' fence and lookin' for sign a his cows; "oh, ya", he says, "I shoulda called ya; found my cows right outback, ain't that funny?". Didn't say a word, nope not one; don't mean ta be mean, but sometimes ya just seen enough, not expect too much. Ya look for the good, let the rest be; no sense gettin' in a dither. Good money after bad, as they say. He does mean well.

So, back on line, tomorrow's another day and god willin', I'll greet it with a renewed commitment, spend more time with horses and less time with the stuff I'll never figure. More time with my heart and less with all the things I'll never, ever figure; and never wanted anyway.

Have a nice night!

Best,

jeune

1 comment:

  1. I found my old guitar yesterday, and sat down and played a little bit ... felt real good, and the dogs didn't howl.

    One of the lines in a song I was singing was "and there are questions without answers." I really believe that ... so like you, times a'wastin' trying to figure out why another human being is "odd." I like to help out another, but once I've got someone's number so to speak, I think most times if the number is an odd one, I'm better off just letting that person resolve his/her own perceived problems (unless of course it's a real emergency), as they will go on and on wasting their time and yours living their lives in crisis management. Drama. No time for that, because the next line of the song is "and dreams that never die." Dreams are visions that require a lot of work, and the clarity of the road you're on will help deflect the detractions, and it's a very important mission you've been given.

    It makes me kind of smile though and just stare, as I've noticed that some folks have a drama pretty much every day (exhausting folks to be around, even if they are good intentioned), and they want to make their drama your distraction,just to have it all resolved by themselves anyway. Reminds me of the saying "You are not required to listen to anyone who says what are you doing about my problems." LOL! Makes you shake your head, roll your eyes, and get on with your vision, trying not to waste daylight wondering why they're like that.

    Sorry to hear about your techie problems. I've dealt with techie stuff for so long because of the business I was in, I can fix what I need to ... sometimes by sheer luck. It was a very good education for over 20 years of "what in the world is wrong with this goofy piece of electrical/computer/techie stuff now????" Glad all your bells and whistles are working.

    I greated the sunrise this morning ... a layer of clouds ... but still a holy moment. Now, that's living!

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete