Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Spot

Good Evenin'

Well, we're headin' into fall; temperatures dropped off ten degrees from the daily high, the days are gettin' shorter and the first load a hay should be here in a week'r ten days. Ya, it's different out here.

Anyway, got a few glitches ironed out with the book; cross our fingers, see if they stay ironed. Hope to place the order this weekend and got it all lined out with the bank.

Got another shower here, this evenin', a "deusy" and the pastures are startin' ta green. Hopeful, here, next few days, I can catch up with the bunch and spend some time with the boys. Occurred to me today, somethin' come from a famous old horseman, Nuno Oliveri. Someone asked him why he spent his life workin' with horses. He replied, "it's the only way I know, express my love for God.". I been thinkin' about it all afternoon, like a puzzle, when all kinda pieces fit together at once.

Some folks wonder how come I'm so into to horses, figurin' maybe it's just some emotional thing. But, it occurred to me, this afternoon, "no, it's 'cause for me, the teaching lives there; the lovin' and the learnin', manifests itself.". And, for me to deny that, or walk away, that'd be like walkin' away from myself, turnin' my back on the Creator; everybody else might approve and say, "ah, he finally grew up!", but, for me, it'd be a personal tragedy of complete proportion.

This is where I started to consider all kinda pieces fittin' together; all those folks talked about "followin' your bliss" and "doin' what you love". Maybe, even, "seek ye first the kingdom of heaven". Just a fantastic question, seems ta me, so personal; nobody else'd ever have a clue. It might look to everyone else like you were doin' "just right" , but if, inside, you was cheatin' yourself, not really ownin' up to your passion, your own life, only you would know.

So, it occurred to me, "ya know, if I don't explain, what I'm doin' here, it's nobody's fault but my own, if folks don't understand.". It's kinda the same thing, only full circle; not only honest with myself, but honest, too, with my neighbors. And, not just "passive" honest, but outspoken; "this is good, this is great, I love workin' with these wonderful creatures; I find heaven, genius, life, my creator, right here, in the pen with the boys, or pasture with the bunch and I sure, hope you find yours. 'Cause whatever and however that works, for you, when you find it, like a "sweet spot", where it's effortless and magical, it's simply, the best!

I'm convinced, the key to our own unique "spot" was placed with love, in our very own heart; for each one of us, unique as a finger print. And, we might need some help, sortin' it out, but I'm also convinced, if you want to know, there is help!

Have a nice evenin'!

Best,

jeune

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how a heart keeps peddling and peddling trying to "keep up" with the world, but it never ever works. :) Like you said, have to find our unique spot, our unique way. That starts from the inside out.

    Thanks, Jeune. You bring a smile to my day!

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete