Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Good Enough?

Good Afternoon

Well, another gully washer last night on toward evenin'; bright and sunny, early, sky full a big handsome cloud ships, now, early afternoon. See, if we're gonna dry up or keep on with our rainy evenings.

Otherwise, I'd have ta say, life is fascinatin'. So much goin' on; it's summer, which all by itself is just a world a stuff, here on the ranch. Grass is growin', tanks are fillin', fences are fallin', callin' for mendin', hooves are growin', horses need wormin', hay deals are struck, wells and water line need attention and just a few months 'fore we're headin for winter. But, special, late, the book off to the printer, the partners come for their yearly vacation, the land question all tied up and recorded, just seems more clear than ever, not to be runnin' around.

So easy, have my ideas of what's goin' on, where I'm goin', why I did whatever I did and how it's all addin' up, but, late, it seems, I'm more aware than ever, that everything always changin' and I'm just one little part of the whole thing and I really need to, want to, can, enjoy it all, a lot, if I don't get too carried away with my part and where I "think" it's all goin'. Which ain't ta say, I don't need ta fix the fences, but special out here, maybe, ya really got a listen to the "all of it" and adjust, 'cause it is all changin'; whatever I "thought", got me this far, fine, but I better be willin' ta change with the changes, or sooner than later, I'm bound ta drive off the road. Kinda like the county movin' a road and you tryin' ta drive it like it used ta be; there will be a problem.

And, yes, I'm sorry, but I am inclined to ponder and consider the whole things a very grand friendship, love affair, if you will, and maybe that's the wonderful point; we make effort toward things we suppose'll be good, but maybe there's somethin', someone, workin' alongside, knows what'd be great! And, it might not be exactly what we thought.

So, ya, I'm inclined ta believe our whole lives are a fantastic conversation, with an immense and wonderful intelligence, that's somehow part and parcel with all that surrounds us; maybe easier ta see out here, where there aren't quite so many folks, convince me otherwise. But, easy or not, it's good ta remember and leave a little room, everyday, if I can, just a little room to adjust; it might make a great difference!

Have a nice evenin'.

Best,

jeune

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I certainly agree. Creator is the only constant ... everything else changes, the land changes, the sky changes, clothes wear out, hair turns grey, horses and dogs get old and cross over.

    I find it amazing there is a constant in this variable of space and time at all. No change, no abandonment, no busy signal. Finally, a place where there's always peace and clarity just waiting for us to turn our heads in His/Her direction. Makes me sigh in relief.

    Going to listen to the pines whisper. I'm very thrilled to hear things moving along so nicely, Jeune! :)

    Blessings,
    Peaceful ♥

    ReplyDelete