Monday, April 15, 2013

Letter to a Friend

(Concerning the Wedo Dog and his curious, early mornin' disappearance.)

A bit of a mystery, but I went to give the boys a flake and here comes Wedo, all excited; seems he mighta been over at the log house. Don't know what got into him but, all's well and he's back in bed.

He's just a funny dog, every which way. Kinda like he's from another planet, with a culture, history, "religion" and sense of society all his own. As I may have mentioned, even the way his body's put together and the way he moves, all, just plain curious. I suppose on some level, it just makes sense; Australia, in many ways, might as well be another planet, what with the aboriginal people, strange animals and the vast wilderness. Maybe Wedo, just got a very high "Dingo" content, with all the curious magic, story and culture of the outback; I think I'm a big believer in "genetic" memory, just like the mustang boys.

I suppose also, why I love spendin' time with the critters; when you get into their "wordless" zone and just pay attention, somehow those stories get "told". And, somehow, I am transformed and enrichened; my own ancestral roots and stories awoken, deeply buried, perhaps, as they are. In all our bones, I suspect is the faint voice, of a time when we knew, we were all family; respect and appreciation, conversation, far more a part of our journey together through time.

Have a nice day!

Best,


jeune

1 comment:

  1. It's a good day to remember we are all from one Source. Thank you, Dingo Wedo, for reminding us of that. Very interesting insight ... "In all our bones, I suspect is the faint voice, of a time when we knew, we were all family; respect and appreciation, conversation, far more a part of our journey together through time." Very beautiful words, Jeune.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete