Friday, April 5, 2013

Wedo's New World

Good Evenin'

And, another fine day! A little windy, but sunny and mild.

Got my correspondence done, talked to my tax lady, checked on the bunch, started my first load a laundry for the spring and spent some time with the boys.

Oh, ya and firewood. Almost forgot, but the Wedo Dog is gettin' where he likes a little romp in the woods. (For those of you just tunin' in, Wedo's a rescue dog, come up around Christmas) It started about a week ago; he used to watch me and Whichy go, then go back to bed. But, last week I started goin' out about 30 yards and kneelin' on the ground; just close enough where he couldn't resist, he'd come runnin', I'd give him a good rub, then he'd run home. Anyway, then it got to where he'd wait to see if I'd do it again, another 30 yards, then again, another 30 yards and now we're out to the cross road. He gets pretty excited and talks a lot, maybe more like singin', but now he'll come all the way out, runnin' back and forth 'tween me and Whichy, make sure both of us are payin' attention. Pretty funny, but I just never thought a dog could get so used to a "backyard" that a walk in the woods, might be too excitin'. He's just a funny kid! But, he's makin' effort and really it's no small deal; I notice he's got quite a "nose for news" and he's likely smellin' critters out here, he'd never a met in his yard.

And, tomorrow's another day, with Sunny Boy. I'll keep you appraised a developed mints.

Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. If you're sharing "develop mints," can I have mine with chocolate? Always nice to hear about Sunny.

    Well, Wedo, you're expanding your horizons! Good Boy! I bet he's like a Kid with a new toy ... those smells in the woods will keep him coming back for more "news" of the night. Kind of you to coax him along like that. Patience and love. That's all most any living thing needs I suppose. He's got a sweet-looking face. I hope you can get a picture of him and Whichy together soon, and she's liking the fact Wedo is going with on your woods walks.

    Snowed last night ... I'd say one day closer to Spring, but this IS Spring ... Laughing! :D

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete