Friday, April 12, 2013

Yes, I'd Be Jules

Good Evenin'

Nice as a day can be! 60 some degrees, big puffy white clouds, sailin' about and calm.

Didn't make it over ta see Sunny, his pickup's still dead, in front of the trailer, but I did get to some paperwork, a toot in the woods with the pups and a nice little workout with Julio.

I know there's some might criticize our progress, but short as we are, we sure have fun. And, I don't suppose most folks'd notice how far we've come; old Julio, when we first started, you couldn't even get near the pen, 'fore he shut down and withdraw inside himself, just like a turtle.
Every now and then, someone'll ask and I try to explain, but if ya haven't worked with horses much, it's so easy, assume that they're all the same. But, not only is every horse different, a truly wild horse, rounded up, goodness knows how and run through the forest service pens, well, that'll take all those differences and multiply 'em by tens. But if everyone understood, I mighten have the chance, so I'll just accept the remarks and sidelong glances, thank my lucky stars and take my time with Jules.

Gotta figure a way, squeeze a few more hours inta the day, but, life's always good for a challenge.

Have a nice night!

Best,


jeune

2 comments:

  1. It seems the work on the "inside" is much more important than any "outside" work ... and takes patience not to send them back into a place where they'd shutdown again ... for humans too. PTSD will sure do that. It's good handsome Jules has you. A specific timeline for what others might call "progress" probably just wouldn't work too well. He has his own rights and ideas. I'm of the mind that no animal is our slave.

    Snowed for 2 days here. Beautiful weather you have ... perfect temperature to "play." I hope the pups enjoyed their walk, kicking up their heels in the delight of Spring!

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me so sad to think what Julio must have experienced to make him so shut down and slow to trust around humans. Like kids who've been abused, one hopes for the best.
    Nice that spring is in the air.

    ReplyDelete