Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sky Dance at Sunset

Good Evenin'

Well, that stormy weather, they been predicting all week, finally come together around sunset. Fair dark up toward the divide, thunder and lightin'; all we got was a sprinkle. But the clouds put on a nice show; kinda meltin', like veils and turnin' all kinda colors, reflectin' the settin' sun.

And, just today, I started feelin' like I'd re-grouped, after my first outtin' of the spring, with that Sunny colt from down the way. And, tomorrow I go back, see if we can't get him comfortable with the whole trailer deal.

I been thinkin' about him and workin' other people's horses in general and speculatin' how, this might be my last go round; least for a good while. Maybe similar to a question I once heard an elder ask; "in this world, where everyone holds the banner of truth and lies underneath it; you're gonna teach your kid to tell the truth?". Haven't sorted it all the way out, but it is a good question.

It's just that there's so many other questions I have about me and horses and how we get along; what's honest, what's respectful, what's fair and they're so meaningful. Other horses that belong to other people, there's so many variables in there, the answers aren't so clear and even if the money mattered, all said and done, yer lucky, breakeven. I'm laughin', it's kind of the story of my life; never found money and meanin', happily married and meanin' was not negotiable.

Anyway, wonderful day in the neighborhood; ponies fed, the bunch are good, firewood's in, the pups are fine, my heart is close and clarity, ever more, yet.

Have a nice night!

Best
jeune

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, moody sky. The land could have probably used a little more than a sprinkle though.

    Wow what a question. Very much worth pondering.

    Sounds like you had a good day though ... everyone's fine and the wood's in, clarity of heart ... sounds like contentment.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sky! Amazing how no matter how gifted the painter, no one can quite capture the awesomeness of the real thing.

    ReplyDelete