Saturday, April 6, 2013

Round and Round, The Neighborhood

Good Evenin'

And, kinda similar; 60 some degrees, sunny and breezy. Cloudin' up toward dark.

As I mentioned to a friend, kind of an upside down day. Woke up this mornin' with five messages from four neighbors, all with an idea of what I should do today, none of which I'd planned on. So, I proceeded to sit there for about an hour, collectin' myself and figurin' how many birds I could get with one rock.

Anyway, we got most, but I had to cancel my rendez-vous with the Sunny colt and re-schedule for Monday. Don't like to do things like that but the owners truck was still down and the trailer's still loose, so we'll get it right this week.

Upside, I reckin', Ol' Larry sold two more books at the store, I re-cooped the neighbor's re-paired tractor tire and got to say "hey" to my friend that's got ta move. All said and done, just got home in time to feed, call it a day and make some sup.

I do what I can for folks, but truth be told, I sure miss my time with the critters; they don't talk or gossip, they're always glad ta see ya, they don't care much for yesterday or tomorrow, wouldn't know a politician from an electrician and just plain fascinated with what kinda fun, we can have right now! And, that's always a breath a fresh air.

Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. Nice of you to help out your neighbors. Good to have people in your life who live close.

    I can sure totally agree with your words! "I sure miss my time with the critters; they don't talk or gossip, they're always glad ta see ya, they don't care much for yesterday or tomorrow, wouldn't know a politician from an electrician and just plain fascinated with what kinda fun, we can have right now! And, that's always a breath a fresh air."

    Love to spend time with the critters .... they have a lot to show me about how to live in the woods, which is really their "home."

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete