Monday, December 5, 2011

Barnyard; Chapter 6

Good Evenin'

Well, don't even remember what happened last night; though I think it may have been a phone call. Had a brief career in film making; an idea for a movie. But, two or three phone calls and I decided to retire; too much controversy! The upside, I broke even and still have some time to get back to my other career as a starving writer and saddle tramp.

Anyway, this storm, just passed, wasn't much in terms of snow, maybe six inches, but boy, the mercury sure fell outta the thermometer; mighta made twenty today, but little more. I suspect we'll be down in the minus numbers tonight. But, so far my "wood piles under the pine trees" system is holdin' up and workin' fairly well.

And, I might make a little correction, on my last installment of the Barnyard Saga; always wondered what a saga was. But, I was tryin' to remember exactly how that trailer loadin' deal wound up, 'cause it seemed like both me and Rusty went flyin' when that rope broke. So, I was thinkin' about it and remembered that, that trailer didn't have a ball on the back. Then I remembered. I was usin' my hips as the "winch". In other words, I had brought the rope back from the front window and wrapped it around my hips, so that everytime Rusty gave a little, I would take up the slack and lean into it with my posterity! Then I remembered that Rusty hadn't quite sat down, but was pullin' back with so much conviction, that he was darn close. So, when the rope give, Rustoleum went ta backpeddlin' best he could and the cowboy, similarly, proceeded to "watusi" this way and that until both ended up in their respective piles; Rustoleum seated like a dog, back side down, front side up and I, in some sort of creative yoga thing, lookin' at the sky, upside down, from 'tween my legs. But, keen as I was ta get goin', as I said, I scrambled up, 'fore Rusty figured out what happened, grabbed the lead and headed for the trailer, Rusty either too confused to consider any alternative, or figurin' I was, just maybe, more stubborn than him and he might as well go along, as it was gettin' on toward dinner time.

So, there ya have it; I do remember stuff, sometimes it just takes me a day, or two.

Have a nice night.

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment