Thursday, December 22, 2011

Here Comes Spring!

Good Evenin'

Well, another quiet day, recuperatin' from my big day in the city; nearly 40 miles south, with a population of pretty near 3000! Good thing it's only once a month. But, it was kinda fun. Three of us was yakkin' away, most other folks lookin' around, kinda doubtful, afterall, they were white folks in Indian Country, middle a nowhere, ya can't be too careful. I'm bein' a little mean, but it was kinda funny. We was cussin' politicans, laughin' about the end a the world, only one more year to go, and figurin' it's a good thing, as much older and we wouldn't remember anything anyway.

Anyway, it's finally snowin' serious, mostly, but it's really been a merciful mild winter, so far. And, I found a great stash a old trees, today; the kind that been down for years and dried just so, where they're hard as coal and break about the same. Gotta be a little careful, as they can heat that stove red, I get careless.

The ponies are well, the hay's holdin' up and the dogs got a goat leg from a friend over Hen. I was talkin' to old Larry, runs the store, tellin' him it's like ta be a short winter. He asked why and I told him I couldn't afford a long one! I think that's called wishful thinkin'. Similar to my contention, that today's the first day a spring! Whatever it takes.

Have a nice night.

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment