Sunday, December 11, 2011

Barnyard; Chapter 9

Good Evenin'

Well, everything seemed ta be goin' o.k. for Rusty and Ranger, though neither of 'em ever lived close to a city, in a barn, but they were gettin' rid some and I new they was gettin' fed, so it coulda been worse. Now, and then, from what I heard, the owner would let 'em pasture out where he was workin', so they'd get ta be themselves, some, too.

Then, low and behold, the owner had been takin' his daughter and Ranger to a ridin'instructor, there in town and it just so happened that this instructor was real big on a fella I knew, one of the very top clinicians in the country and he was comin' to town. This instructor had convinced the owner and his daughter to sign up and ride in the clinic. Oh, lord, was I startin' to smile; not so much for the horses, who individually had had more drunk cowboys on their backs, than fleas on my dog, nor for the owner and his daughter, but anybody, comes to New Mexico, for example this trainer, thinkin' it's just another state in the union, well, there just apt to meet somebody like Rusty Barnyard.

See, what I'd come ta understand about Rusty, knowin' a little about where he'd grown up and the folks in that particular burrough, I figure he'd run into so many crazy people and crazy situations, nobody ever takin' the time, explain anything, as a means of survival, he'd had come up with a strategy. Over years, I reckin', he had honed the fine art of doin' as little as equinely possible and just enough, to where nobody would get mad enough to shoot him. And, where folks that had too much ta drink aren't too long on persistence, by and large, he'd come ta figure, he could outlast, just about anyone.

So, once again, I was countin' time, with mixed emotions, a course, hopin' all'd go well for the owner and his very sweet daughter and the boys, Rusty and Ranger, but with half a tickle, I couldn't shake, suspectin' that this trainer, good friend a half a mine, just might never have met anyone, quite like Rusty Barnyard. And, everytime it crossed my mind, I'd start ta chuckle.

More, man~ana; have a nice night.

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment