Saturday, December 10, 2011

Barnyard; Chapter 8

Good Mornin'

Just plain, too tired last night; not that I did so much yesterday, but some times I think, bracin' for the cold, it just wears ya out and it's sure easy sleep more than usual.

Anyway, next major event I recall in the Rusty Barnyard saga, would be the owner here, decidin' to move Rusty and Ranger down to Santa Fe, where he was consultin' on a project, southeast a there and havin' a horse would be a benefit, least wise an excuse, get out and ride some. Thing is, people do have different ideas about movin' horses and way it turned out, this fella made up his mind move 'em in December in a stock trailer. Now, I can't criticize him, as there is a broad range of ideas, far as what's acceptable and I tend ta come down on the softer side a things, but a hundred miles in 20 degree weather, in a stock trailer, ta my mind that's stretchin' things some. Sure they're like ta survive, but how far ya wanta push a friendship and/or mental, emotional limits, with a critter you aim ta climb on and count on, special when your skill level ain't exactly advanced.

Anyway, I did all I could think ta board up the holes in the trailer; neither a these guys, Rusty or Ranger, ever had much doin's with travel and both were older. And, off they went, much as I weren't real pleased and I counted time 'till I thought they'd arrive and called ta see how it went. Aside from the owner, 'bout gettin killed, when they bust out, another spot when ya wanta think things through, for ya go ta openin' gates, special when the critters might be some insulted by what they just went through, all in all, everybody was o.k..

So, off they were on their own adventure, in their own new barnyard and, time to time I'd get news and stories.

So, 'till next time, have a good day.

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment