Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Good 'n Plenty

Good Mornin',

Well, clear and sunny; pretty fair frost last night. See, if Graceful's doin' well, enough, take the bunch back over the hill. I've been keepin' 'em in this low pasture, by the barn, so they don't wander so much, leave Graceful behind. But, it seems she's doin' better and it's likely time push her just a little. See how it goes.

Otherwise, got a "horse lesson" from a businessman, yesterday. Follow up to a similar lesson from an oilfield worker. There's a fella comes in to check the wells here. He don't like ta lock the gate proper. Everytime he leaves, he locks it "his" way; kinda shabby, in my opinion, but it might save him 4-5 seconds. It just don't look like it's "meant". Now, ya might think that wouldn't matter and that'd be a fair argument; afterall it's just barb wire, either side. And, maybe I'm nuts, but, seems ta me that "clear intent" matters out here. If I make an effort, clearly state my intent, it leaves less room for "flimsy" arguments, that do, in fact, waste everybody's time and, the hunters can come up with some "deusies"!

So, yesterday, I'm talkin' to this business man, with whom I am considerin' a small but important investment; small to him, large to me. Anyway, I notice him gettin' impatient and startin' to dismiss some things we already agreed upon. I'm thinkin' on the best way to address it, without endin' up in a "relieving oneself" (?) contest. (That's the most creative alternative I could come up with!). Anyway, it occurred to me how it's the same thing and no one's fault, exactly, but how devious, that little voice, right between our ears, keeps tellin' us, "there's no time, no money, no you-name-it!".

The oilfield fella ain't got time ta lock the gate. This business man ain't got time ta get it right. I ain't got the brains and the strength to get it all done. My horse, if I let him, will knock me over gettin' his hay, 'cause of some lack of time or space or supply, he imagines. Wow, this question of lack is huge! And, whether or not it's true, a really good question; same street, next door, the question of "self fulfilling prophecy".

So, at least, for me and my horse, I'm gonna get a little more serious about "no!", 'cause I have a feelin', if we let it, that little voice'll walk us right "off the plank" of any enjoyment we might ever entertain. It's possible, the only real lack is my attention to a "tidy and well lit house"; where fear can wait at the back door, trust is welcome at the front.

Have a great day!

Best,

jeune

1 comment:

  1. You got that right. It IS all about fear. Fear of lack, fear of death, fear of fear. And trust is the antidote, because we have to let go and take that leap of faith that whatever our heart needs will be there if we turn to face it.

    ReplyDelete