Friday, October 28, 2011

Two Dollars Short

Good Evenin'

Well, it sure did cool off; our first hard frost. Time ta break out the other sleeper bag and insulate the old tent.

Otherwise, it was go ta town day, get groceries for the month. Also stopped by the part store, check the price on a u-joint and the hardware, check the price of an axe handle. Went for the axe handle; it was half the price of the u-joint, which left me enough for a cup a coffee and a bottle of peroxide. I even had two dollars left, but I had ta wait outside the grocery fer my lift home and the Navajo fellas know I'm a soft touch, and that was that.

The ponies come in fer breakfast and I give 'em two flakes a piece; figured they'd wander off, me leavin' fer town. The lazy bones, they was still in the corral when I got back; tomorrow, after breakfast, I'll take over the hill, remind 'em, there's still feed out yonder. Snow fly, is one thing, a little frost, less than half!

And, now it's off ta sleep. It's easier get ready fer bed when the stove's still hummin'.

Pleasant dreams.

Best,
jeune

No comments:

Post a Comment