Saturday, October 1, 2011

Who Knew?

Good Afternoon,

Well, yes, it's Saturday, as if I really care, or believe it, but it has been a taxin' week, somehow or other. I suppose it's been this last push, get the "promo" copies of the book, off the press, in the truck and on their way. Talkin' to a lot of friends, see if they're still "on", liftin' those "green backs" out of my wallet and thinkin' of all the hay they'd buy, with winter comin' on and tryin' ta keep up with fences and customers; keepin' their horses trimmed. Poor me! Reality is, too much fun and I'm just gettin' old. Maybe, it's just the times I grew up in, but that sayin', "if I'd known I was gonna live this long, I'd a takin better care of myself", sure rings true these days.

Anyway, startin' ta get some feedback, now that a few copies are actually out and I gotta say, I am stunned that folks, actually like it. Which isn't so amazin', considerin' the photographs are really quite nice, thanks to young Brandon Johnson, but they go on to actually read it and they, still like it! All I can do is laugh and figure, "ya just never know!". Thank my lucky stars and consider a sayin', quite common out here, "god takes care of fools, children and old dogs", or another favorite a mine, "even a broke clock is right, twice a day".

It's funny, both Tom and Ray, always said, "everything I learned, I learned from the horse!" and, lookin' at my situation, I can't tell exactly what I learned, but I'd have to say, " ya, god bless the critters, 'cause, learn or not, their company and simple sanity has sure made a difference ta me!".

Have a great day!

Best,

jeune

No comments:

Post a Comment