Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's a Sunny Day

Good Afternoon,

Well, another peach of a day! The bunch come in this mornin', didn't even stay fer "seconds". I think they just like to check on things, here in the barnyard and make sure I got hay, just in case. I oughta get out and check their hooves, clean 'em up 'fore the cold sets in.

I did get out last night, clean up the burial patch for old Ranger. The grass I planted's come in pretty good, but the varmints dug out some a the dirt, 'tween the cedar posts I stacked around him. Spent a while, then rang the "bell" a short while; old shovel on a cedar post, a close second. Just remind him, we're well and wish him the same.

Been thinkin' more on all the kindness, come my way, past few days and how inspirin' it is, speakin' of journeys, this world or next. Kind of a play on words, but I can see how easy it is to "jump to conclusions"; spend too much time with my thoughts and I might consider how I ain't good fer much. Get carried away by the kindness of my friends and I might consider what a fine fella I am. Truth of the matter, seems ta me, right in the middle, just unbelievably lucky ta be! So, 'stead a botherin' with conclusions, maybe, I can just be grateful fer inclusions, that life has included me, and journey kindly.

Seems ta me, that's a lighter load. And, who knows, I quit drawin' my own "conclusions" and it just might go on fer ever! Clu-less!

Happy Birthday Ranger!

Best,

jeune

No comments:

Post a Comment