Saturday, October 29, 2011

Thank You

Good Evenin'

Well, a simple trip to town and it takes me a whole day, recover. I do try ta stay focused, but there's so much ta pay attention to, there in the "big city", population, sommers around 2500, it just wears a country boy out; special when he's pushin' the big 60.

I do have ta hustle up the mornin' chores and jump right back inta the evenin' chores, then unpack everything and cook; maybe it's just that afternoon "prayer time" that keeps me feelin' fresh. And, then there's all them people; chattin' and visitin', decisions and such. Anyway, took'er pretty easy today; got a nap and my afternoon quiet time, hung with the horses, whacked a little sage and gathered some firewood.

It is interestin', though, gettin' out, even if it does wear me out a little. So many good and fascinatin' folks, ya run into. My Navajo friends, the lady that gives me a lift, the shop keepers; I can't think of a one, that didn't go outta their way show me some kindness. Pretty lucky, I reckin', live in such a simple corner a the world and then come home ta the pups and the ponies; spoiled rotten. But, just makes ya wanta try, give somethin' back, every which way and, god willin', I will.

Have a nice night.

Best,

jeune

No comments:

Post a Comment