Monday, September 12, 2011

The Boys're Out!

Good Evenin'

Yup, I plumb forgot ta write this mornin'! Neighbor called wantin' me ta feed his critters, and I was so close ta finishin' the run, I just went right past the phone, on my way ta the job. But, I did getter done and the boys got a romp. I'll have ta get a picture for ya, but I haven't figured out how ta do that on this new blog yet.

Anyway, I'm whooped; almost waited for the mornin', let 'em out, tired as I am, gettin' this run up; a week now, I been at it straight. I figured, anything went wrong and the boys broke out, I wouldn't have any "gas", go get 'em. But, I set a spell and gave it some thought and figured I really had it right and she'd work; nipped, tucked, flagged and tall enough they wouldn't try it. Well, it was some fun, watchin' them buckin' and playin'. Ruben did sniff the electric, got a little bump, but all in all, it went real well. They settled down and munched a bit, then the mares come in down below; wasn't hopin' fer that. And, the boys did get excited, tearin' around and whinnying, but I got their attention, asked 'em to go back in and, lo and behold, they did. My blood pressure went back ta normal. I really didn't wanta spend the night lookin' for horses.

So, sorry for the late post, but I sure wanted ta se them out, what with a little rain and the grass greenin' up. Pretty quick, we'll get a frost and it'll all shut down. And, now it's time ta feed the cowboy and put 'em ta bed; whew!

Good night,

Best,

Jeune

No comments:

Post a Comment