Saturday, September 10, 2011

How, Now!

Good Mornin'

Well, lost the better part a the day, yester, that rain through me for a wake up loop. It got cold and rained pretty fair. Got down to my last stick a wood this mornin'; lucky it's breakin' up and I, like can find a dry branch or two 'fore evenin'. Did make a little progress on the run; a break, just 'fore dark. Gotta make a tradin' post run this mornin', been outta milk fer two or three days and I gotta use up my food stamps 'fore they roll over or they'll figure I don't need 'em that bad.

Did take advantage of the indoors make a few connections on the book; one sweet and beautiful, the other strange and stressful. Strange and stressful, a publisher tellin' me I was fixin' to go to, well, let's just say, someplace very hot, me thinkin' to publish my book all on my own, little by little; countin' on friends and social networks. Sweet and beautiful, an old friend, just volunteerin' ta help, any way he could, see it go forward. Nice thing about livin' out here, ya learn ta tell the difference 'tween critters that just wanta get along and enjoy life, together and rattlesnakes, that figure the world just might belong ta them and everybody else oughta just get with the program. Funny, the other day, what with the changin' seasons and all, one had come in ta check out my tent, fer winter quarters. They hadn't been around since early summer, when they wake up hungry. So, I'd gottin' casual 'bout waltzin' in. Well, he lit up a rattle and I took a couple a large steps sidewards. Thing I noticed, was, it bein' hard ta tell, right off, which way the rattle was comin' from, compoundin' the question of which way ta git. Kinda similar talkin' to that publisher; one minute all friendly and helpful, the next threatenin' doom and gloom and bills for time he waisted talkin' to me. Well, I've learned that such curious and difficult critters just need a clear explanation of what's what, who's who and where they can go. They might have their perspective, but I'm entitled to mine and if life ain't for enjoyin', well, they can find another tent.

I wrote this little book, 'cause I love my life! And if I sell a copy, I'm gonna love each one; otherwise it'd just be another lie and I believe we've heard enough!

Have a great day!

Best,

Jeune

No comments:

Post a Comment