Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ya Mean, Me?

Good Mornin'

Well, I did manage to get myself under the truck. Older I get less taste or inclination I got fer metal; fur, is way more fun and sympathetic. Anyway, I got out the new widget they had at the part store, got the bolt out, figured how to wiggle the widget in and reset the bolt. Fifteen minutes! Then I started crankin' the bolt down; make sure that widget don't fall out again! Then, I was reminded of my old friend Ray. This really annoyin' thing he used ta say: "before!".

A course he generally meant that, as regards the horse. But, it has all kinda "life" implications. For example, tightenin' a bolt on a brake assembly. Instead a goin' at it with a pre-conceived notion, ya might wanta size up the situation, make sure ya understand the variables, then a course proceed with "feel". The benefit of such an approach might just be a fifteen minute job as opposed to the three hours I spent tryin' to drill out the shaft a that bolt, after I cranked the head clean off.

The follow up to that "before" thing, generally, went somethin' like this: "where were you before that thing ya didn't wanta happen, happened.". Most annoyin' concept I ever run across; "ya mean, I got ta be conscious? Take responsibility? It wasn't the horses fault doin' what come natural, seein' as I was absent?". No wonder Ray wasn't always the most popular fella on the planet. Ya get a lot more votes pointin' fingers over there, than remindin' folks, 'bout "the man, or woman, in the mirror".

Have a great day!

Best,

Jeune

P.S. That's a picture of a picture taken by Heather Hafleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment