Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sweet Melody

Good Mornin'

Well, a beautiful fall day! Not really that much different from a summer day, but "the fry" is gone. My friend Duncan says it's the altitude. It really don't get that hot up here, maybe 90 degrees, tops, but, 'cordin' ta him, 30 percent less atmosphere and 90 degrees is a lot and I'd have to agree. Seems ta me, it's like a microwave; too much radiation!

Anyway, the boys run is shapin' up; just a few more posts, fix the electric top wire, string a few strands a smooth wire on the west side, flag it for visual and open the gate. I might add a few panels, here and there, keep the boys from gettin' too excited, figure they're free and buildin' up a head a steam, 'fore they get to the north end. Even 6 feet, with a good head a steam and the notion there's mares out yonder, might be worth a go and that's a wreck, nobody wants!

I suppose, workin' with horses, over time, that kinda becomes a part of ya; thinkin' things through. I reckin' 90 percent od all the trouble folks run into, could be avoided, if ya take your time and think things through. And, it not only avoids wrecks, but the horses notice, and they get comfortable, seein' yer a thoughtful "boss" and that, too translates into more comfort and more "relax" in all your dealin's. More relax, more enjoyment. Kinda like a guitar; strung too tight, ya won't get that sweet vibration. If I've done my homework, I relax. I relax and the horses know it and round and round it goes. Don't know if ya ever heard any a that "slack string" Hawaiian music; got started with the cowboys over there. (Ya, they got cowboys.) Anyway, it is sweet stuff.

Have a great day!

Best,

Jeune

No comments:

Post a Comment