Saturday, September 24, 2011

People

Good Evenin',

And, yes I am makin' a habit a this; not writin' 'till late. Now,it's almost tomorrow and I'm just gettin' round. That truck sure put a monkey wrench in this week. Then, again it was me, not thinkin' 'fore doin', truth be told.

Anyway, like I said, it's patched up temporary and I'll give it another go next week, get a new drill bit and a proper bolt.

Did make it to the tradin' post and back. Run into an old fella I worked with, sorta, on a ranch, just some south. He always drank a little too much and often he'd kinda "go off". Come after me with a 2x4 one mornin', havin' misunderstood somethin' somebody said I said, I think. Anyway, I didn't stay on there, long after that episode; the owner there was kinda fond a him and I didn't fancy livin' that close to anyone that unpredictable. Seems the owner there, too, mighta reconsidered his position, as, not long after I left, I noticed this fella had moved to another spread.

It's just funny out here, how people get along, or not, in some cases and I don't figure that fella'd changed his ways much; he might be younger'n me, but the drink sure has took a toll. Upside, I suppose, he ain't as scary's he used ta be; couldn't remember what he came ta get and he showed pretty frail. In fact, I kinda liked him for the first time; we even talked a little. Who knows, maybe that's why he drank so much; maybe he scared himself and that was the only way he knew ta cope. I sure wish him well; what can ya do? Hard ta tell what folks been through, make'em like they are. I have better luck sortin' horses than people, that's fer darn sure.

Have a good night.

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. "Hard to tell what folks been through, make 'em like they are."
    Ain't that the truth. The self-medication's just the result, not the cause, or is it? So hard to know. And it's the trying to find out that's exhausting, though if it's a young person well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete