Sunday, September 11, 2011

One Great Mare

Good Mornin',

Well, it did dry out and I did find wood. Made it to the tradin' post and still made some progress on the run; today's the day, god willin'. The wild bunch come inta the low gate and judgin' by attitude, special the lead mare, I'd say it's the girls drivin' the bunch. I don't think I'm bein' chauvinist, but the queen missy mum was so hornery, only thing I could figure was her thinkin' another season had passed and she weren't packin' nothin' in the oven. And, me with the stud colts up by the barn. Some girls take that "baby" stuff darn serious. But, I always figured, that's what makes a good lead mare; looks, brains and instinct and she's got 'em all in spades. So, she gets a little attitude; can't blame her for the way god made her. Besides, I'd hate ta see her carryin' through the heat a the summer, the baby not havin' much of a start 'fore the freeze and I'll bet I can swing it next spring, get her up with Ruben, let those instincts play on out. I been thinkin' that way, a few seasons now, but didn't think my pens were up to the job. This new run might just be the ticket, work things out safe and harmonious. I'm not much inta breedin' horses, there so many already, can't get the care they need, but I sure love the girl and Ruben's one a the last a these spanish mustangs, leastwise, handsome as he is, so, I'll keep it under my hat; see what happens.

Anyway, I better not "muse" here too long, or I'll come up shy, another day. Have a good one.

Best,

Jeune

No comments:

Post a Comment