Friday, November 18, 2011

The Compass

Good Evenin'

Well, a little discombobulated, today; this time a year is always a little rough, as I don't handle sugar very well and everybody's passin' it around.

Never the less, I did wake up this mornin' and that's a start. I think I was musin' on my young friend, so kindly offered to take a look at my book, maybe help me promote it. Anyway, it occurred to me how odd we must seem to the younger set; I remember Mr. Gibran, in "The Prophet", sayin', " don't even try to understand your kids; they were born for tomorrow.". And, I suppose the opposite is just as true.

The "up side" is this, best I can figure, with age I am beginnin' to understand that I am, what I am and it's very likely, just what the creator had in mind, in order to best fulfill my role, whatever that is. I guess you could say, it's a kind of detachment, born of a growing awareness of how little I know. If, in fact, I understand very little, no sense judging and gettin' all wound up about the "shoulds", when I really don't have a clue.

So, then where's the compass? I believe it's happiness. And, for an old geezer, I'd have to say, I'm a very happy and fortunate one.

Have a nice night.

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment