Thursday, November 3, 2011

Horse Sense

Good Evenin'

Well, no more burros, for a while, back ta horses. Had ta go to my neighbors today, exercise her stud horse, that just had his "studs" removed. She had ta go do her holiday thing with her relatives, 'fore the snow flies and where he just had minor surgery, major to him, I reckin', exercise is most important; keep the swellin' down.

Anyway, he's a sweetheart; big beautiful, almost black horse, with the hint of a star, on his forehead, and those brown tones, here and there, on his under sides, makes him look like a big black bear. I used the excuse, too, play with him some along the railin' of his pen; figure eights, me standin' on the rails, bringin' him up underneath me, leanin' on his back and rubbin' his off side. He's had a checkered career, her not havin' a lot a confidence and shippin' him off to a trainer, completely messed him up. Some folks don't understand a fine horse, and come on way too strong, missin' all the try they got and completely confusin' the horse. So, his confidence kinda shakey and her not havin' a lot, any chance I have, hang with the fella, try ta build his confidence, I take. I just don't volunteer much, anymore, where my eyesights failin', among others. But, alone just the two of us, it's real comfortable; no distractions, lots of "feel". We like each other, quite some and always have a great time. I get ta go over two more times, for my neighbor gets back and I sure look forward to it.

Stopped by the elementary school on the way home; big meetin' about closin' the post office. Anything ta do with the government, always seems ta lack any notion of sanity. Right down to the visual! Everyone got up ta speak, stood out on the floor, where ya could hear and see 'em. The folks from the post office, sat, on the stage, behind a desk, where the light wasn't so good and spoke into a microphone that made their voices sound all cloudy and strange. The only good part was, just by the tone a their voice, ya knew ya were better off not hearin' anyway. I asked my neighbor, sittin' next ta me, "how come all government employees sound the same? They go on and on and when it's all done, the only thing yer sure of, is nothin' they said was helpful!". She just looked at me and said, "training!".

Have a nice night.

Best,


jeune

No comments:

Post a Comment