Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pathos Pete

Good Evenin'

Well, another beautiful day! Musta been 55, calm and sunny. Horses out, horses in; a flake here and there. One load a laundry and a bath; a little on the "rapid" side, but a bath, none the less. Even fit in a shave and a hair cut with the horse clippers and still made a load a wood 'fore I ran outta day light.

Got to walk a little today, but truthfully, I walk a lot everyday; let the rescue bunch out the low gate again and closed 'em out for a few, let the mustang boys have a run. Just noticin' how nice it is to walk around here; paths. They go this way and that; some for me, some the horses, some we share, but the soil is so nice these days. A little bit a moisture, a little bit a frost, some go through the trees, some go through the sage; some through the grass around the barn. The soil changes, the light changes, but they sure are an intimate part of our life around here; and they sure remember and they sure like ta talk.

Who was it wrote that poem, "I doubt I'll ever see, a poem as sweet as a tree." Well, I got some paths, might just come a close second.

Have a nice night.

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment