Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Barnyard; Chapter 3

Good Evenin'

A course, I was very young then, but maybe all the more, ya see things for what they are. Those sure were magical times and our society, there, me and the horses, couldn't have been more important to my sanity and well bein'. It was just so honest; I loved them and they loved me. And, sure I got "corrected" on occasion, a kick or a bite, but it always seemed ta make sense and soon as it was done, it was done. But, it was as real or more, personalities and all, than all my other recollections of my first years on the planet.

I guess that's why, I still slip into that world, and hardly notice; there's a "job skill" for ya. Sometimes, I'll be trimmin' a horse and we'll just be havin' a good ol' conversation, of sorts and all of a sudden, I notice, they clammed up. Sometimes, I'll stop and look around, and sure enough, "the owner's" walkin' toward us. Sometimes ya gotta play dead! Human's can get real upset, ask 'em the wrong question!

Have a nice night.

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment