Saturday, November 19, 2011

Letter to a Friend

Good Evenin'

Well, it got late and I'm tarred, sure, so I figured I'd just pass on this note I wrote to a friend, just watched "Buck" and enjoyed it quite a lot:

Very Cool, Fernie! Buck's a fine and accomplished horseman; now ya get a sense of the impact, Tom and Ray have had on folks. Buck's got a book he wrote, too, called the Far Away Horses. I enjoyed it quite some.

Another, fine day; wood gatherin' and visitin' ponies. Weather's been just sweet; 50 some degrees, clear and breezy. Also playin' some, with the wood gatherin; pullin' sage and makin' a clearin' in the woods, help the ponies, find a little more grass, just up the hill from camp, where they like ta bed down.

It's kinda nutty, but the ponies get a kick outta watchin' me "graze" with 'em and somehow 'er other, it's just fun, cleanin' up the dead trees and makin' pretty, fer no (good) reason'.

And, now I got piles a pretty fair firewood, here and there, tucked under trees, with a good umbrella, I can pull from, through the winter. Who knows, maybe there is a rhyme and a reason, to it somewhere.

Might just make this the blog for the night. Tarred! Thanks so much for the note. And, ya, life is good.

Best,

jeune

P.S. Thing about Tom and Ray, and Bill, Tom's brother, Buck spent quite some time with him, they were not only great horsemen, but they were just plain good people. So, they not only helped a lot a folks with their horse, I really believe they helped a LOT of "horses with their people"; really changed peoples lives, with their honesty and commitment. Then ya consider that everyone a them, Tom, Ray and Bill, said, "everything I learned, I learned from the horse!". Horse oughta get some credit too, no? Think of all the people on the planet, kids special, whose lives have , really been saved, by the good nature of the horse. So, it's really quite a story and, a course, follow it all the way back to the beginnin' and we can't help but thank the one, made us all, put the good in there, hopin' we'd find it one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment