Sunday, November 27, 2011

Things I Remember

Good Evenin'

Ya, another sunny day; almost made 50 degrees. Awful pleasant, for this time a year. And, pretty similar, yesterday, a little muckin', a little feedin' and wood gatherin'.

Most any change on the inside; small prayers, a slightly deeper commitment, a remark from a friend, makin' me think; a word from a wiseman recalled. Today, it was a question of "default". I remember my heart teacher once sayin' how love is our default and I was thinkin' about it, after I let the mustang boys loose; kneelin' in the pasture, watchin' 'em play. "When you stop doin' everythin' else, that's where you end up!"

Then, he substituted "peace" for "love". I like that, 'cause, seems to me, they're so connected. Maybe not in terms of our ideas, but truly; in fact. Sometimes it seems to me, that peace is like water, a stillness within. The heart is like a seed. Soak the seed in the water and love grows, but almost inseparable from the water that gave it life. Again, I hear his voice, "if you have to redefine love, then do so!".

Anyway, amazing and so practical, present, palpable; just letting go a the rest. Again, I hear his voice, "give up what YOU are looking for an instantly, you will find God."

One peaceful afternoon! The mustang boys are havin' a romp and a half. Ruben lies down to roll, Julio makes a mock threat. Ruben's up with a buck and report, scramblin' for safety. Julio lies down same spot, prime real estate, Ruben returns with the same medecine. Julio scrambles up and the chase is on. Lord, have mercy; simple pleasures!

Have a nice night.

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment