Saturday, November 5, 2011

Seasons

Good Evenin'

Well, just when I completely give up on the weatherman, he went and got somethin' right. Blew all night; woke up this mornin' with an inch a fresh snow. Oh, well! Did manage ta get the sidin' up and with my new beddin', sort of, slept like a bear.

Went and checked my wood piles, out yonder, and they faired pretty well. Brought in a couple a loads, mildly damp, but it's burnin' nice and hot.

Pretty simple day, I guess. Kinda interestin' how the same seasons come round every year, but each one manages ta come up with somethin' a little different, every year. Then, a course, we're changin' too. I been noticin' how I'm really appreciatin' the onset a winter, this year, what with the book and all, way more society than I'm used to. So, where that's kinda on pause, waitin' for some technical attention, and winter comin' on, I'm catchin' a hint a solitude on the wind.

I think it has somethin' ta do with "grace" or "magic". I've never had much of a knack fer plannin', but seems ta me if I get real quiet and ask fer direction, somethin' amazin' always turns up. So, I'm hopin' this winter's like that; a chance to get quiet, remember the tenuous nature of my life, take stock, feel thanks and invite the magic, show me how to live it well.

Ain't it neat; I don't care who y'are, ask just about anyone, private, where there's no one else to impress, and just about everyone'll admit, " it ain't the quantity, years that we live, but the quality, makes all the difference!".

So, this winter shapes up, where I get a little more quiet time/prayer time, I do believe, assistance, instruction, along those lines is first class request; that I might keep growin', like the Navajo say, in that "beautiful living".

Have a nice night.

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment