Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Amazing, Grace

Good Mornin'

Well, slightly overcast, but mild and still, with fair sunlight.

Gotta run to the post office this mornin', get my taxes in the mail; stop at the cafe', cook shack to us locals, see if I can sweet talk Ms. Ella into cashin' my check. It sure is hard ta leave my backwoods, here, but all for the best, I suppose; the constrast, even a few miles, reminds me just how lucky I am and how much I love my critters and all the chores go with 'em.

Give "juli", really "julio", pronounced "wheely", a good brush last night and a second, just water, get the iodine to soak in and dilute the "soap" part; startin' to wonder if the soap wasn't irritatin' him and makin' him scratch, even if we got the mites on the run. Checked him out this mornin' when I fed and, while not entirely sure, I'm thinkin' he's lookin' better; different for sure, better or worse, time'll tell.

Seems like I mighta been in a bit of a "funk", past couple a days, but luckily, experience, when that happens, I'm like ta remember, "it's not that anything's worse, it's more like my attitude/focus has slipped". So, I try not to get excited or worried, but just do what I can and spend a little more time with my attitude; see where it mighta gone and bring it back to the basics.

I'm alive, that's a miracle. I can make effort, that's a gift. Make effort, grace happens. It's all impossible. Grace washes away the "im"; don't worry.

Have a great day!

Best,

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear Juli is feeling a bit better. It's a lot of "work" caring for the critters, but I sure seem to learn a lot from them. Maybe one of the biggest things for me is "feeling." Sometimes, dealing with people can make me shut down .. not so with animals.

    I find my mind/heart forgetting to be "thankful," and I start complaining, if only in my own head, and I can't even figure out how it's possible for this flesh, bone and blood to walk across a room and all the wiring that isn't even really wire at all that makes my brain instantaneously make my body react. Can't even number the hairs on my own head. So, I guess I don't entirely belong to myself. "Grace" .... sweetness you can feel. :) Thanks for the good words, Jeune. Hope the day went well!

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete