Friday, April 27, 2012

On My Married Way

Good Mornin'

Well, got a little rain, afterall; not a lot, but a couple a good showers. Still overcast this mornin'; kinda nice, really, the soft grey quiet, all the green, greener, a gentle breeze stirrin' on occasion as the clouds consider, movin' off, turn another pasture so.

Didn't get too much done yesterday, still recoverin' from my upside down, way too early rise, of Wednesday mornin'; the trip to Albuquerque, never quite happened. And, it was blowin' and sprinklin' off and on, so, 'tween feedin' and writin', checkin' on the last stages of the book prep, I tried to get some wood in and retarp the tent, enough to get us past the squall.

Otherwise, just workin' on the "marriage"; ya, I'm finally startin' ta understand, it's all about the marriage! Guess I knew it, ever since I was pretty small, just never quite had it clear in my mind, or heart as the case may be. And, I suppose, I've raised an eyebrow or two; "wait, wait, I thought you were 'the bachelor cowboy'! What's this marriage stuff?". Well, it's just gettin' more and more clear, that there is a "world of stuff" and a "well of meanin'" and 'less I can marry the two, it's all kinda broke up and zig-zag.

I guess that's what I was gettin' at, yesterday, talkin' about relationship. On one hand, I was describin' a bunch a different people, all workin' with horses, but the outcome were very different. On the other, I was kinda tryin' to point out the difference; awareness and feel. Same old song, my horse mentor, old Tom; "feel, timin' and balance, observe, remember and compare". Then a course there's the voice a my "heart teacher"; "whenever I approach this life from my ideas, this voice comes along and says 'watch it'!". And, Tom, too, on occasion, if he thought someone was really listenin', would add, "oh, and one other thing! I'm not sure what to call it, but it's somethin' like spirit.".

So, there's my hypothesis for the mornin'; "it's all about marriage". Workin' out this marriage, 'tween all the "stuff" might be a part of our lives, and the meanin' we can draw from "the well". This, to me, the difference 'tween that "broke up zig-zag" and some kinda harmony, where the meanin' we draw and allow, to ourselves and all that surrounds us, gives everythin' proportion and place; softens the "hard lines" and reconnects. And, I suppose, gives birth to a great repose, like findin' the oasis in the vast desert; a beautiful pond, custom made for soakin' weary souls. A break from the heat and emptiness and a palpable sense that we are all connected; part of a whole, like fish in the sea.

So, how about Kabir; "there's fish in the ocean, dyin' of thirst, and every time I think of this, it always makes me laugh". There's no gettin' outta the pond, it's impossible, but sometimes we get so far from the meanin', we'd swear, "it's a desert".

Have a great day!

Best,

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I thought you went off and tied the noose .. I mean the knot! :D

    I always envisioned "marriage" as creating another entity out of those involved. That entity needs to be tended, cared for, and most of all enjoyed and nutured. Same with all that we come in contact. "Marriage" to the Creator could mean we take up his good ideals and "live" them and tend and nuture that relationship.

    I read this article about a Missionary in Liberia on his way with his group to their camp. On the side of the road, he saw a 4-year-old boy, hungry, no parents ... just sitting there, and he thought, "Oh no, that could be my 4-year-old son Hudson! How horrible! I'd claw through a cement wall to get to him!!!" and his party kept driving along it's way. As he was praying in the night (he couldn't sleep because of this bothering him so), it came to him the Creator saying "That boy on the side of the road you saw? Well, he's MY son, MY Hudson." The missionary went back to the spot and picked the little kid up, as we are the caretakers of this Earth that the Creator very kindly allows us to live on. Seeing that picture in my mind of that man picking up that little boy makes me realize how much responsibility we have to our fellow earth travelers ... animal, vegetable and mineral. It's a good path.
    I will now go hug my pups and "soak my weary soul."

    Thanks, Jeune,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... just wanted to say about the entity created with our "marriage" to the Creator ... our "right" spirit is created ... not the spirit of hatred, jealously, gimme, greed, manipulation, etc., which is the spirit we tend to develop if we don't seek anything higher than the spirit of this world. His/her spirit is created in us ... awesome!
      Getting windy in here ... better stop flappin' my jaw. :D

      Delete