Friday, April 6, 2012

To Sea or Shining See!

Good Mornin'

Well, sunny mild, maybe breezy, sound a things. Got my new tarp, but might let the breezes blow off 'fore I set 'er up. Combine it with my spring cleanin', panel removin' and side flap raisin'; it's pretty early, but it's no fun behind the curve, where the snakes 'er up but my flaps ain't. Light has many meanings and quite some advantages, not to mention the fresh air and cleanin', remove any lingerin' "mouse aroma"; that'd be like us tryin' ta diet and havin' ta walk past the bakery every mornin', for a snake that hasn't had a bite all winter.

Another dreamy night, this time with childhood references; grew up by the ocean up toward Nova Scotia and spent some fair time around the fishin' boats. I was in an old office down by the piers and was a storm in full throw; seas we're mountin' like mountains and headin' straight for shore. I could see 'em comin', way taller that the old buildin' we were in, early mornin' and everybody was talkin' real calm about goin' ta work. I kept thinkin' "how'd I get here, these folks are NUTS"; "they wanta go out in this for a couple a fish". Just then sure enough the waves hit, crashin' through the windows and washin' us and everything else, up shore. Seemed like they was still talkin' about "goin' ta work". Maybe why I grew up with a question of value and how I spend my time; a couple a fish won't do anybody much, if they're dead, no? Simple math, but shockin', seems, how rarely grasped.

Have a great day!

Best,

2 comments:

  1. That's some dream, but the snakes seem a lot scarier to me. I laughed at the bakery analogy, since I'll be heading off soon to a place with lots of good ones, and a full intent to walk in every morning and indulge - and after a huge diet. Funny.
    Back to the dream ... people tend to hold fast to what they know or think they should be doing, even in the face of evidence that screams the opposite. Like your favorite "uncle" Albert Einstein used to say something like : Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreaming of water is usually very spiritual. Amazing dream ... wonderful analogy of the value of how we spend our time and become instinct injured sometimes going the wrong direction by blind habits.
    We have 2 kinds of snakes here ... both nonpoisonous, and I accidentally stepped into the middle of a zillion of them one Spring day out antler hunting. I noticed the whole ground was moving where I stood. I took some pictures real quick because it was so amazing, but I thought "gosh, I hope they don't decide to go up my pant leg." I'd sure have done a dance then, complete with sound effects! You more than likely have some venomous ones out your way. Pays to have good boots I suppose. Happy to hear you have your new tarp! I like the looks of the front of your tent. Also, love the above picture!

    Beautiful, snakeless day to you,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete