Monday, April 9, 2012

Forget Ain't

Good Mornin'

Well, another nice, mild mornin'; breezes stirrin', here and there. And, despite my good intentions, my winter panels are still up and my new tarp is still in the box; my floor, still an inch deep with the winter's mud. All I can say is, "we're gettin' there!".

Takes some doin', adjustin' to this "cowboy AND publishin' executive" stuff. I suppose why cowboys, mostly just stay cowboys; critters and fences, way plenty for anyone, not ta mention gettin' older, on top. Also, I suppose, why a lot of cowboys have a religious bone, as believin' in miracles, about the only way ya keep from givin' up. But, I sure can't complain; by any measure, mount a time I spend happy's, got ta be way above average!

Last night, it was pretty near dark, time I got around ta brushin' Julio with the iodine soap, keep those mites, headin' for the door. And, I do believe we're winnin', but it sure was sweet, see him so clear, that whatever we've been doin' it's worth it. He was standin' right by the fence where I'm used ta brushin' him, waitin' for his dose and proceeded ta nuzzle me the whole while, for thanks, seemed ta me. So, just seein' all the way he's come, since he first come in, well, that's enough, fill anybody's "happy cup" right to the top.

So, I reckin' that's the trick; stead a lookin' at all the "ain'ts", really appreciatin' the little "ares". The "ares", special the "are wells", they kinda fill ya up with "all right". Start lookin' at all the "ain'ts" and ya just wanta go back ta bed and that don't move nothin' from "ain't ta are", if ya see what I mean.

There'll be a quiz tomorrow.

Have a great day!

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment