Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Company, Keeps Me

Good Mornin'

And, shapin' up another peach! Did get my new tarp up, but I think I gotta switch the orientation. It's nice the way I got it, ground to ground, side to side, but I'm thinkin', "too many corners for reptile hidin'" and, with Stinky and I both gettin' a little weak on the vision side, more light trumps the rain and wind factor. Luckily, I restrained myself from cuttin' a hole for the stove pipe, so, we still got options.

And, good news, I seem to be doin' a little better with the heat and all. Few years back when my teeth blew up so bad, seems I was left some short on tolerance; eleven o'clock, the heat comin' on, I'd just fold up and sleep. I still lay down a spell, after lunch, but I don't seem ta disappear quite so long or hard. And, that's a welcome turn of events, special, where I feel like I'm gettin' some sense for the how and why of goin' forward and sortin' out the things I could do, make it work.

Fascinatin' really; it never occurred to me, kinda breakin' off from the pack like I have, that I'd have ta face some different kinda questions. And, I might have ta come up with my own answers, 'cause most of the normal questions and answers, just don't come close ta "fit" out here, livin' like I do. And, it does remind me, one a my favorite stories, old Odyseus; that time his ship was gettin' blown up on the cliffs and near as he could tell, there was no gettin' away from certain doom. But, he waited and watched and, way it turned out, last minute, he discovered it wasn't a solid cliff; there were two, one slightly in front of the other. And, with a slight correction, he made it around the first and slipped between the two, and back to open water.

Very much the way things seem ta work around here. I keep anticipatin' some big change, but they don't come and they sure don't figure. Those are the days, I fall into the "pit of worry"; tryin' to figure what I never will. But, I wait and watch and, son of a gun, just a little correction and there it is, open water. I guess those are the little miracles, ya just can't explain if ya try; so personal, nobody'd ever, understand.

So, I'm left, small and grateful, no words to explain, just a little more inclined, keep that sweet company, makes it work, against all odds. Same one makes a flower grow, middle a the desert, just like that.

Have a great day!

Best,

1 comment:

  1. I hear from this "balance." If a life "explodes" in one direction too quickly, the balance is off. Might explain the horrible spot some of the entertainers get into when all of a sudden they're put in the spot light, making tons of money, when they used to wait tables and have a simpler life. Sometimes, I'd like to just sit and think, read inspirational books, talk to people about "the deep," but today, I'm putting a chainsaw together .... and it's about as frustrating as putting pantyhose on a gorilla.
    I'm learning to be mechanical. So we make corrections all day long to keep the balance.
    Going back to my chainsaw now .... I don't think having extra parts is "good" before I go use it. :D Glad you didn't cut the hole for your stove pipe! Thank you for reminding me to keep making my little corrections. :)

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete