Friday, April 20, 2012

Burros and Beans

Good Mornin'

Well, sunny and still; I reckin' we got some heat comin' now. Not the big heat we'll get June-July, but some compared ta years past.

Better make a run to the tradin' post today; beans. Try and line up a trip to Albuquerque Monday, get the checks in the bank, so we can get the book off to the printer. Spring, and so many hats; oughta be one a me, just stay home and fence. Another, stay home and work horses. Maybe another just ta keep up with correspondence and paperwork; that free up the other, go to town, though a fifth, keep up with the cookin' and cleanin' wouldn't be a bad idea.

Upside is I won't likely get bored, anytime soon. And, looks like, we get the book goin', I'll have an excuse hit the Eastern Navajo, Arts and Crafts Fair, beginnin' of June, Torreon, New Mexico and I sure am lookin' for that. Day to day, we all kinda run our own circles, so, a chance, spend some time with them neighbors, a little more west, spend a while in their world, well, that'd be a real treat.

Anyway, might leave it there for today. Bull Chapman, a distant relative, drives a water truck for a local service company, just stopped by, look at Burros and there went an hour I wasn't countin' on. But, that's life and it's always interestin' and pleasant, lettin' go and takin' it on it's own terms; trustin' the music.
He's got a couple a little girls he'd like ta get ridin' and thinkin' the burros, where they're smaller, might be a good introduction, help build confidence and understandin'. His folks first homestead out here back in the 20's when the government first opened things up; made their way with the wild horses. Always a pleasure, tradin' stories; he's one nice fella. Loves his family, works hard, knows his critters, fair and good as a day is long. Inspirin', youngsters like that; just plain inspirin'.

Anyway, have a great day and, hopeful, I'll have more ta say "man~ana".

Best

1 comment:

  1. I had to smile when I read the title thinking some folks might think you're making stir fry ... LOL! Love Grams and Gramps, and I don't quite know why. Just do.
    Today was go to town day to get beans for me too ... didn't make it.
    You have quite a hat collection. I'm jealous ... :).
    I love stories ... what a fine visit with a great person. And the Navajo Fair ... wow ... I wonder what you'll "see."
    Very good life and beautiful day.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete