Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Lower Horse, A Higher Aim

Good Mornin'

Well, quiet so far; few high clouds and mild temps. If the winds don't come up, might see about packin' up my winter sidin', trimmin' off the old tarp and puttin' up the new! Get some light and air in here, give the whole place a good "sweep, shovel and scrub".

And, another tiny glimmer in the sands of my larger project, this mornin', with the discovery of the Albuquerque Indian Center. See what happens, but I'm hopin' it might be one more little connection, toward the horse rescue/workin' ranch/summer camp for native kids.

I'd have to say, that I sure, owe some gratitude to my heart path and heart teacher, as I notice the course of my life and the evolution of things with the horses, out here. Practcin' meditation all these years, sure has taught me patience and persistance; the simplest thing on earth and over the years, seein' how difficult it can be, come to terms with such a simple reality, well, it just kinda let's the air outta the, whole "pride ballon" and opens ya up to a lot of gratitude for the littlest signs of progress. And, for myself, that's huge. I think of ALL the times my teacher has talked about the power, the nature of water; "if it can't go this way, it'll go that, but it nevers forgets where it's going". Or, the ability of water, turn a mountain to a beach, carve a "grand canyon"; take life, give life.

Truly, there is something so powerful, about comin' to one point of concentration; I suppose, that's what a laser is all about. And, in my case, it's not, necessarily, about "the ranch" or the horses, but comin' home to the heart; lettin' go of all the rest and just askin' to live from there. Nothin' to the left, nothin' to the right; just there. And, for someone to give me the tools and inspire me, take it up, with a voice and a person, so modestly, full of "been there", boy, that is truly huge!

Living in our illusions of grandure, it's so easy miss the gifts; get a little closer to reality, it gets clearer, "wow, it didn't HAVE to be like that; THAT'S a gift and THANK YOU!".

Have a great day!

Best,

P.S. Just considered, addin' another little piece to the "puzzle". That part about "illusions of grandure", well, number one, I wouldn't have enough fingers ta point, special, at me. And, number two, 'fore we go to criticizin' and blamin', special, me, it's always nice to remember what old Ray used ta say, regardin' such matters; "Don't blame the horse, it's just what they learned!". Blamin' folks, special, ourselves, never really gets us anywhere real positive! The real point would be "what is missed", whether it's us, or someone else. See, what I mean? "Good" and "Bad", shame and blame, it's a strange game, but if there's actually "something missed", like an opportunity, now we're talkin' "practical". So, nothin' wrong with "high horses" if that works for ya, but if ya miss "the gift" of it all, for that high horse, well that'd be a shame, seems ta me. 'Cause it's "the gift", noticin'the kindness, allows us let go and really appreciate, feel gratitude; and nobody'd wanta miss that!

2 comments:

  1. Ray's wisdom re: horses also holds true for kids, who are in a formative process, where input is super important, and where "bad" behavior can be seen as an opportunity for learning a better way. I realize that "listening" to a horse is different than listening to a kid, but listening in either case is critical, otherwise one is just operating on assumptions. And that's soooo not productive.
    Great news about the Indian Center. Hope that proves fruitful for your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey "Jeune" Cool!!! I have a "blogspot" too. Try "Life is Horse.blogspot". And Zach has a blog at Wouldn't life be awfully...." See ya.

    ReplyDelete