Thursday, April 12, 2012

Whatever You Do...

Good Mornin'

Well, it sure enough blew yesterday and they're stirrin' again, today. See if they kick up the same, or if this is the tail end of the front; I guess that'd be the end of the beginnin'.

Anyway, see too, if that "little story" let go of me last night; yesterday I couldn't quit thinkin' about it, all day. I guess it's just that thing of co-munication; how rare it is and how stunnin' it is, when it actually, takes place. We can talk about all kind a little things, like hammers and nails and dishes and trash, but the whole question of what we're doin' here on Mother Earth, well, that's a whole another question; and, all too often, avoided, where it's all so often abused.

And, I guess I'll move on to other matters, for now, though that last line lingers and won't be forgotten.

Reason bein', I have ta get a pen ready for Grampa Stump and Gramma Daisy. Yes, the burros are comin' home ta roost. And, if you're thinkin' I don't need more critters, we'd be in perfect accord, but whatya do? Comin' up on ten years I've been workin' with and trimmin' on these guys and now the owners are gettin' old and thinkin' ta turn 'em loose; actually send 'em to the sale barn, and I just can't see that comin' to a happy conclusion. Oughta be a song about the way we forget our elders, no? Or, maybe one about our "disposable" culture. Ya can't point fingers, but it's a heck of a question, how we own things some days and walk the next, then complain about all the litter by the side a the road. Well, the world is round; we keep walkin' and sooner or later, we'll have to travel the road we walked before.


Anyway, home they come! Wish I could take 'em all, but already too many, I agreed ta take Gramma and Grampa, keep them from "litter" and, my friend Sandy said she'd find a home for the daughter, Jazz and the grand babes. So, another layer of society, round the barn, complete with all the conversations, help weave it together; a harmonious whole.

And, I better get to it.

Have a great day!

Best,

1 comment:

  1. I can't possibly express in words the happiness I feel that you're taking in Gramma Daisy and Grampa Stump ... they will live with the sacredness of old age that they deserve. Huge smile! Nice to hear about Jazzy and the rest too. You do walk with blessings all around. :) What do they eat ... same as the horses or something special? I suppose they need grain? Good things in your life ... open heart, open universe. :) I believe I'd like to partially adopt them remotely if that's okay. Thanks for making my day, Jeune! :)

    ReplyDelete