Monday, April 30, 2012

Pray It Again, Sam

Good Mornin'

Well, another trip to Albuquerque, never quite happened. Rides didn't line up, again. But, one thing ya learn out here, limited resources and all, is just to keep tryin'; keep an eye on what's important and don't give up. Sooner or later, it'll work or, it comes clear that it wasn't as important as it first appeared.

I suppose, it has the added advantage of curin' one from undue concern for public opinion, as to most folks, it can appear quite pathetic. Kinda reminds me of that poem by Mother Theresa, where she basically, says, "people will critcize you no matter what you do; do it anyway. It was never about 'them', in the first place!".

And, I suppose, just gettin' ready to go, I got another glimpse of things around me and another chance, look at my priorities. Hauled a tank a water out to "the wild bunch" and, finally, got out to the north end, start on the fences up there; quite shabby for losing battles with the elk. The "bunch" need trimmin' and wormin'; some of the young ones quite some. While I did get a start on the fences, it was only a start and there's a whole world of it to go; then, a course the well, water pipe and drinkers. And, at that, I didn't get to the boys, more than a "howdy do" and a flake.

So, I gotta look at the way I spend my time and, I suppose, factor in my age and health. So much of this computin' and eSocializin' might impress my notions of some future ranch/foster situation, but a) it sure is taxin' and b) curious. I spend time with the bunch or the boys, I find myself, immediately richer. I fix some fence, get the drinkers goin', pull out some old wire, ain't nothin' but dangerous and ugly, I just got some good exercise, spent a day in the sun and the wind and the ranch is safer and more beautiful, all in one day.

There's a good question! And, I dare say, for myself, student of the timeless, a very very good question! Something about lovin' today and leaving tomorrow in the hands of a larger self, but I wouldn't want to cheapen or over simplify it. I do reckin' I'm like to experiment, however, afterall, there's Kabir; "if you are hungry, eat now; up ahead, there are no shops!".

Seems, I've always been like that and, I suppose the logic is simple; if you figure to put off the good, for a greater good tomorrow and for some reason it doesn't pan out, there's no goin' back, for all the "todays", slipped through your fingers.

Can't be too sure either way; I suppose, "the how" to the invention of prayer. And, maybe that's the beauty; play it from the heart and boy, are you like to learn to pray.

Have a great day!

Best, always

P.S. Sorry about the picture; kinda corny. But, same time it is kinda fun and relevant. Young Brandon and I were playin' with pictures from the book and come up with this one, though, upon deliberation, we left it out.

P.P.S. "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." Uncle Albert Einstein

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy my life, because I'm the only one who can. LOL! I help when I'm able to or the moment presents itself, but I hit an age awhile back where my body and mind said "Enough!" Too much all at once, and I got to where I wasn't enjoying anything but picking up sticks in the woods for kindling, and my dogs, and sitting on a nice warm boulder in the woods where the sun made the boulder soooo warm .... oooooh, now that's living to me, so I can sure understand what you're saying. That's what I do .. for me it's not only a good time taking care of the cabin and the dogs, but I can hear myself think ... not that my thoughts are anything special, but I do like to know what's going on inside me, and I don't have that ability with chaos that will grow for some reason to monumental proportions ... weird how that works. I even have to draw boundaries for myself.
    I love that verse, "Don't worry about tomorrow, it'll have enough worries of it's own." Well, today I did laundry, got 15 gallons of water, got home, being a good cowgirl, I took care of my horses (dogs) first, but I was tired (that's a red flag for me to be careful, I didn't listen), and the sharp pile of rocks I'd rolled away for Hannah my blind pup to make things easier for her, I backed up into and fell on the whole dern thing hitting my lower back ... crack! I'm not going to worry about tomorrow though. I'm sure it'll have enough owies of it's own. Makes me smile a bit (while sitting in my chair with ice on my back). The best lessons are sometimes back to the basics. Don't back up in land filled with rocks without looking behind you first! LOL! :D Must be a Chinese proverb in there somewhere. :D

    Thanks for the good words, Jeune .. you'll get to Querque when the time is right. :)

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the picture ... kind of has an eternal feel to it. :)

      Delete