Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Funny Forest

Good Mornin'

Well, sunny and bree-zee! Spring time in New Mexico. Can't complain, aside from a blast or two, the wind really hasn't been to bad this spring.

Didn't get too far, yesterday. As I mentioned the trip to Albuquerque, not quite pannin' out, but I did make a run to the tradin' post pick up a few groceries I mighta got on the way. Then, a course, tryin' ta squeeze that in, still get some chores done, I grabbed a "pure sugar" lunch at the tradin' post, top of the menu, came back and passed out, sleep off the sugar. Gotta wonder, exactly when I'm liked ta think those things out a little more clearly.

Otherwise, did get some wood up and worked the boys, some. Like ta get out and give the bunch some attention, but I also gotta get after the final read through on the book. One step at a time.

And, come ta think of it, and the "gifts horses bring", workin' young Ruben last night, ponderin' what a hard time he has lettin' go, trustin', reminds me, go easy on myself. Time I was little, I had quite some shocks in my life, just like Ruben, pulled out of the forest and away from his kin; all the crazies at the forest service pens, whoopin' and hollerin', clangin' and bangin', out ta prove how tough they was. And, same, same, those kinda shocks can really leave a wrinkle in the "fabric" of a mind; stick with ya your whole life, to where that "one step at a time" becomes a REALLY important reminder. That wrinkle like a scratch on an old record; a non-sensical interuption of an, otherwise predictable flow and with it, the tendancy to panic, or somehow consider that everythings happenin' all at once.
And, so, another gift; I reckin', the two of us tryin' to sort things out, both of us'll learn a lot. Find our way out of one forest and back to the other.

Have a great day!

Best,

2 comments:

  1. All sorts of wrinkles - some, like the scratch on the record you talk about here, may always remain with us, and we may have to be ready to just bump the needle into the next groove each time the wrinkle/scratch comes around. Others may be more like the wrinkles in a piece of clothing - we can seek to eliminate them, or just wear the darned thing and forget about it.
    Either way we have a choice, to fret or to let it go. Easier said than done. Hope Ruben can find his way with your help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really believe Ruben will take the next step ... I have all faith in you, Jeune.
    Wrinkles are funny things ... sometimes they mean you've lived long enough to develop "wisdom," some you have to iron out, and some make you, once again, belong to the Scar Clan. I earned all of my wrinkles. Ruben sure has too. Hopefully, the lesson he's learned will make him better for it in the long run. Sure will be a reason to celebrate when he sees in your eyes total "trust." Sweet, sweet.

    Wonderful thoughts,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete