Thursday, May 31, 2012

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

Good Mornin'

And, if it ain't June, it oughta be; cicadas are out in force and, least this mornin', so far, we got that"settlin' in ta bake" thing, shapin' up.

Got to see the wild bunch, last night; hauled another tank a water, out to the middle. Might be my imagination, but it does strike me funny how I show up with my curry and they all start groomin' each other. I'll go visit, one by one, then look back and they'll be paired up, side by side, facin' opposite directions, chewin' and lickin', backs and shoulders.

I suppose, good society's like that; it's easy get caught up in our chores, for them that'd be eatin', puttin' calories away for winter. But, it's possible, a little reminder how we count on each other, a little appreciation and, all of a sudden, it gets con-tagious. And, just seein' them appreciatin' each other, sends me back to the barn with a big old smile. Thus, confirmin', I suppose, that, what goes around, does come around.

Same, same, I wonder, 'bout goin' easy on ourselves. All this activity of late, The Medicine Bend, believe it or not, seemin' to take shape, a lot of parts and pieces to examin and consider, sometimes I get worn some thin and don't consider I'm always at my best. But, just this mornin' it occurred to me how, ya just have to let go and not be too critical. A) whatever happened, happened, ya can't go back and B) it's really hard to say, right or wrong, 'cause there's so much we just don't and never will know; what we might consider to have been a big mistake, might have had all kinda positive side effects, we just couldn't see.

It's also inspiration, I figure, do my best, regular as I can, just remembering, "I only get one chance; can't never go back". Results are sometimes hard ta figure, but if my intent was right, "best", least it's easier live and let go, like that. And, I do believe, there's somethin' real powerful in that little grain a sand, 'cause I ever hope to do better, it won't be for lookin' back, but lettin' go and workin' on my best, today.

And, round and round it goes; I remember, judge myself a little less, I'm way more apt, consider my neighbor, my horse, same generosity. They relax, they do better. They feel better, they're like to see me better/kinder; 'fore ya know it, whole neighborhoods, lookin' better.

I guess it really is like plantin' seeds; easy to think life's a straight line, but earth is round. We might not be able to "go" back but, most certain, we do "come" back and one way or other, we're bound ta live with the seeds we sowed.

Have a great day!

Best,

2 comments:

  1. What an extraordinary post! First paragraph put me in a humorous state of mind, since you have "bake" weather, but we get "shake and bake" weather.

    But as I read on especially that part about letting go - which from what you're saying may include forgiving not only others, but also ourselves for past whatevers - that's just deep.

    And I think you're on to something when you write about what we don't know, because there is so much that goes on out of our line of sight. Our personal universe is so tiny compared to the vastness of time and space. Robert Frost was on to something when he wrote about that road less travelled .... and no regrets, because all they do is distract us from the potential for appreciating the beauty of the now.

    I'm going to repost this. Thanks, Jeune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the intent of the heart ... the universe in a decision. Can't see the big picture ... some mistakes looking like mistakes at the time but they aren't. Just part of the fabric we help weave. Yes, the truly unseen, but all important, intent of the heart ... and perhaps "that has made all the difference." :)

    Smiling,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete