Friday, June 1, 2012

Water, Gravity, Life and Horses

Good Evenin'

And, yes it is late; it's spring for starters, early summer, now, I suppose. The heats on, the grass is stallin', water needs haulin', fences fixin' and I'm runnin' round tryin' ta figure, who can lend me a bale, as the truck ain't comin' 'till Monday, now. We ain't put ink to the deed and even we do, it's gonna take some doin', get a pasture up and, and....

The list could go on for another page, or two and I didn't even get to my ailments, but I figure I mighta bought enough sympathy with the first paragraph, get me off the hook for bein' late, anyway, and you might be waitin' for somethin' more interestin'.

Fact is, somehow, I just gotta tighten my belt, get focused and getter done. It is funny though; all this for a bunch a horses, most folks wouldn't give a nickel for. But, there's the point and why I keep tellin' folks, it's the horses make it all worthwhile and important. They got food, water and some company, they're quite happy just bein' horses. And, silly as it may sound, that's extremely powerful company; unbeleivable. And, I know 'cause I been out here 10 years or better and I've seen, first hand their effect on me.

And, I suppose, it's really pretty simple. The food and water part keeps my days busy and orderly and the "just bein' horses" part keeps me interested and inspired; wantin' to learn, how it is I can hang with them, co-municate, share affection and do stuff together, where it's fun for all parties. So, all in all, I'd say it just keeps my life on a regular, happy, creative and sociable drift. And, I sure learn to pay attention to the company, as our culture and language are some different.

And, this, I believe, is what makes them such powerful healers; bottom line, all their beautiful ways, needs and quirks, just seem to bring out the best in a human. And, the best, the caring, the affection, interest and effort to co-municate, learn, these are like water; extremely simple in and of itself, but let it flow and over time, it cleans, no harsh chemicals required. And, it leaves a mark, a channel, like a river bed, flows deeper and still; strong. After a while, life springs up on its shoulders, flowers grow on the banks and all kind of creatures, come their for comfort and refreshment. Why shouldn't a human be like that? This my hope for the kids.

Lights fadin', see if I can't work the boys.

Have a nice night!

Best, always.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful words. The critters sure can help us keep it simple.

    We humans make things so complicated sometimes, then what? Where'd all the enjoyment go, the learning, the spirtual growth? I'm watching my chocolate Lab sleep upside down right now .... her whole being oozing "don't worry, be happy." :) Okay, so that's what I'll concentrate on today, no matter what chore or duty I'm involved with ... and that's enough. :)

    Thanks for sharing your words, Jeune. :)

    ReplyDelete