Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Flame

Good Mornin'

Well, here we are again; I suppose I've gotten addicted to writin' a little every mornin. I know I wrote yesterday about, maybe givin' it up, but, I wonder if givin' it up is the best answer. Part of that consideration was simple concern for the subtle influence of, now and then, writin' somethin' folks seem to like and my focus driftin' away from the things that really matter, wantin' to "repeat" the apparent "success". I suppose that's why I also wrote about rememberin' my real partner; it's a delicate question and no one can answer it for any one of us. Where's our focus, what's our motivation, what's essential?

Maybe it's like a flame; a welder's torch. It can burn all kinda ways; smokey, yellow, lackin' oxygen, lazy and inefficient, or short blue, capable of all kinda helpful changes. It can weld and it can cut; transform, create useful objects and tools. When my focus drifts, I feel like the lazy flame; maybe good enough, heat a pot a coffee, but little else. When I'm longin' to serve, lookin' for grace, clear about what's important, I feel the meanin' of "true blue"; life is afoot and Heart is present.

So, I reckin' I'll keep on, for now, just try a little harder, be clear, inside myself, sing the simple song of Freedom. And, that's a great question; so easy to think, freedom is doin' whatever you want and, lookin' through that window, the question of the Heart and servin' can look quite unlikely. Completely understandable. On the other hand, I have found, with a lot of help and encouragement, if I can go beyond the appearance and really take up the question of how it "feels", I have never felt so free, as when my whole attention was wrapped up with grace, the Heart and service.

So, there's my slippery slope of writin' and with it the question of "for whom" and "why". And, like so many important questions in our lives, no one can, truly, answer them for us; only our very own Heart can say the "yes" that matters.

And, I better go fix fence, just a bale and a half and my boys sure like to eat. It's a little patch, maybe 50X50, but it's like to hold another bale and I should have some comin' mid week.

Have a great day!

Best,

jeune

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you know your own mind. Purpose and focus can sure help get you to where you need to be going.

    I finally figured out my purpose in life, even though I don't seem to "fit" into a "regular" lifestyle, there is purpose in that too, indepence maybe gives others the courage to step into their own dreams, the ability to have closer-walk time, the ability to listen when folks just need a sounding board (no people fixing though, that's between them and the Creator), and the time to show love in a smile, a kind word, or a kind heart.

    Then there's the reality of fence building, animal feeding, grocery shopping, keeping at least a semblance of organization so you don't need to waste time always looking for "where'd I put my hammer, glasses, phone?" LOL! All of that can even be done with the Creator helping every step of the way.

    Balance on your path ... I hear you can even walk across the Niagra Falls with focused balance.

    It's a good life. :) Glad to see you continue on with the blog for as long as it's part of your journey. ♥

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete